102 Main Street, New London NH


Current Use

  • Private Residence

Formerly

  • Home of Grace and Guy Williams, Jr.
  • Real estate office of Frank Ramsey
  • Real estate office of Richard Chattilier
  • Before 1943 to 1951 - Home of Earl and Ann Pardy; as a municipal judge, Ann held court in a room on the north end of the building
  • 1936 — built by Fred A. Pressey on land acquired from A.J. Sargent

Building History


The house was built by Fred A. Pressey in 1936 on land once owned by A.J. Sargent.[1]

By at least 1943 to 1951, it was owned by Earl Pardy (1900-1971), a painter and contractor. Pardy was also a noted fishing guide and built and repaired fishing rods. He married Ann (Fifield) Pardy (1899-1954) in 1924; she was a realtor, insurance broker, and was appointed a municipal judge in December of 1946, the second woman judge in NH.[2] She held court in the room in the northern section of the building. The Pardys were divorced; Earl left New London in 1951.

Richard Chattelier had his real estate office here before moving to 205 Main Street in 1964.

Frank Ramsey had a real estate office here following Chattelier.


Photos & Images


102-3.jpg


  1. ^ Spiller, 1945
  2. ^ Squires, p. 443