132A Main Street, New London NH


Current Use

  • Apartment

Formerly

  • Tea room
  • Dormitory for Barn Playhouse?

Building History

Pre-fabricated building used as supplemental housing when built. It does not appear on the 1942 Sanborn Insurance map of this section of Main Street. Possibly it was built by N. Warren Weldon when he owned the main house from 1948 to 1955. As owner of the Barn Playhouse, he may have needed housing for the Barn Players at this time.

When Carl and Eleanor Cochran lived in the main house (132 Main St,) from 1956-1960, they had a lunch and tea room here.


Photos & Images


132A-2.jpg