145 Main Street, New London NH


Current Use

  • Residence (Rental)

Formerly

  • Property of Marion and Charles Hafner
  • Home of Walton W.Chadwick (1924-200_) and Virginia L. (Johnson) Chadwick (1923- )
  • 1938 - c. 1955 — Home of Walter George Chadwick (1880-1955) and Gertrude O. (Cota) Chadwick (1901-1940)
  • c. 1907 — land of Fred A. Pressey
  • land of Everett/A.J. Sargent farms (see 89 Main Street)

Building History


The land on which this house was built was originally part of the Everett/A.J. Sargent farms. About 1907 it was purchased by Fred A. Pressey. This house was built in 1938 by Walter George Chadwick, builder and contractor, for his own family. Chadwick's wife was a sister of Fred Pressey. It was next owned by Walter and Gertrude's son, Walton Winthrop Chadwick and family. In 1949, Walt became a partner of his uncle, Fred Pressey, in his funeral service business. Walt and Ginny Chadwick's youngest child, Marion Chadwick Hafner and her husband, Charles, inherited this house and currently (2012) operate the funeral business.

Photos & Images


145-1.jpg
Walt Chadwick House